Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Post #18

The way you choose to think can really, quite drastically, affect your day. I speak from experience. I was stuck in this rut of negative thinking, worrying, and the like. Therefore, I was in this constant state of...I'm not even sure how to describe it. But I was literally making myself miserable. I forced myself to see the other side of the coin, and its like the heavens opened up and angels began to sing...what a difference.

"If you don't get everything you want, think of the things you don't get that you don't want." -Oscar Wilde

Thoughts are more powerful than you can even begin to imagine. Really be careful what you allow your mind to dwell on. Let the negative things go and be open to the beauty around you. Its something I have to remind myself of nearly every day. And trust me, I know how somedays it is kind of a struggle to push beyond the negative things.

"Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same." -Francesca Reigler

Also, be aware of what you're listening to and watching. Music and television have a great effect on what you believe to be true. I may elaborate on that some other day. I don't feel the need to explain it more thoroughly though. I think it's pretty self explainatory...if not, let me know.

Having changed my way of thinking, I've noticed a number of highly amusing things around town. I saw an older gentlman washing his car this evening...he was wearing goggles. I saw a young child, sitting in the back seat of a car, holding his little arm out the window...he was holding a beautiful feather, allowing the wind to lick it...I was just as fascinated as the little child was :)

While running errands, watching all of these strangely amusing events, I got to thinking about how strange it is that each and every car is like its own little world. Think about it...they all have their own music (or lack thereof), conversations, scents, "climate", etc. Everyone has their own agenda. Where is everyone going?

With that, I am going to get some sleep. I've been awake quite long enough for today.

Take care.

3 comments:

  1. this is an incredibly powerful post. thanks for quoting wilde, he's one of my faves! ;)

    love ya girlie!!

    xx
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really true. thoughtfull - i like the post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay, i'm guilty- i'm totally waiting on the edge of my seat for your next wise posting. hehe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete