Monday, April 13, 2009

Post #13

I still have oodles of post-it notes that I need to scatter across town. I need to get on that. I have a few places in mind. I'll do some tomorrow. One of these nights if I decide to go for a night run I will probably take some with me and maybe cheer up the mail-[wo]man. I really hope this project is doing some good. And I hope it catches fire soon. Pass it on, people! :] To anyone! I know I haven't told many people, but that will soon change.

"The coast disappeared when the sea drowned the sun
And I knew no words to share with anyone
The boundaries of language I quietly cursed
And all the different names for the same thing."
-Death Cab For Cutie

I had a discussion with a friend this afternoon about how it's so silly that humans have such a hard time being honest. Honest with ourselves, honest with our loved ones, even with strangers. Why do people find it so difficult?

I understand that people are terribly concerned that they'll be judged based on what they say and how they act. But wouldn't it make life a whole heck-of-a lot easier if we could just be honest from the get-go?

I do realize that it's not a perfect world...but I also do realize that we're evolving.

Our time is now, and each and every day we have a chance to make an impact on the future.

Be honest.
Be loving.
Don't fear.
Ask questions.
Find answers.


"Life is good. Everyone just overreacts. Even me." - Postsecret

Take care!

1 comment:

  1. Hey hey. I dont know if you have already done something similar to this one, but on one of your sticky notes, you should simply put: "You, yes you, are amazing."

    ReplyDelete