Saturday, April 4, 2009

Post #9

"Don't cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won't let you see the stars."

Today hasn't really been too impressive. But like I said in a previous post, there is no problem with having a few cruddy days. Having a few rough days here and there really do help us to appreciate our good days. So, really, I am thankful for the days that leave me feeling gloomy...and I can look forward to better days. When you have an attitude like that, it's hard to get really down. You will always have something to look forward to.

"Sure, the world is full of trouble. But, as long as we have people undoing trouble, we have a pretty good world." -Helen Keller

On a different note, have you ever had a complete stranger come up to you because they're absolutely convinced that they know you? It's pretty amusing. A lady was really staring me down, studying me and she finally said that she was sure that she knew me. We went through a whole list of ways she might know me, and she got pretty worked up about one of the places, saying she LOVED it there. But that wasn't it. I still am unsure of how she convinced herself that she knew me, but I think things like that are awesome. For all I know, she could have just seen me around town or something. Still, its a great feeling when you can somehow connect with people...no matter how "odd" the situation may be.

Any person I happen to bump into, I make an effort to make sure they know that I know they exist. If that means just smiling, complimenting them on something, asking a silly question, stating something painfully obvious (about the weather or something similar), etc. I know how good it feels to have someone acknowledge me, so I honestly do make an effort to "pay it forward."

Why go through life without making connections? We are all connected in one way or another, we can't deny that. To deny that we're connected would be almost like denying our own existence and impact on the world. Additionally, going through life without connections would make for a very lonely existence. Reaching out to people can be a challenge, but it's so
terrifically rewarding.

We have the power to change lives. Everything we need is at our core. We have the tools, it's just a matter of getting them into working condition. Together, it's possible. We are not alone.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment